Skip to main content

Hang in there, Sis. Let's Play Psychic World!

This LP originally ran from April through July of 2018 and covers three games: Psychic World for Sega Master System, Psycho World for MSX2 computers, and Psychic World for Sega Game Gear. The three games are related, obviously, but each fairly distinct from the others. Psycho World was the first, released back in '88 in Japan only. The Sega ports came out in 1991. The SMS version was exclusive to PAL territories, but the GG one went out worldwide. Game Gear and Master System versions of games were often very similar, since the GG was to some extent a handheld SMS, but in this case the two ports are distinctive, with the GG one kind of splitting the difference between the MSX original and SMS port.

The LP had a bit more audience interaction than most of my earlier ones, so I'll probably be quoting a bit more from other forum members in this blogger version. I hope they can forgive me. In particular there was a fair bit of Japanese-language material that I posted. I made some attempts to translate where I could, but since I have essentially no Japanese language ability I relied on more knowledgeable forum members to improve my work. The plan as I move the posts over is to incorporate their work (with attribution) either in the main text alongside my own translations or at the end of posts. We'll see how it goes.

Table of Contents:

Hang in there Sis. Let's Play Psychic World! (SMS):
Round 1 - Prairie
Round 2 - Volcanic Area
Side Update - The Mystery of the Flicker
Round 3 - Ice Field
Round 4 - Ruins
Round 5 - Fortress (part 1)
Round 5 - Fortress (part 2)

Cecile, I'll Certainly Save You... Let's Play Psycho World! (MSX):
Intro
World 1 - Plains
World 2 - Lava Zone
World 3 - Country of Ice
World 4 - Forest Cemetery
World 5 - Pyramid
World 6 - Sewer World
World 7 - Factory
World 8 - Alien Lair

Wow! What was that? Let's Play Psychic World! (GG):
Psychic World

Comments