Skip to main content

Hey Brave Man! Let's Play Wonder Boy in Monster Land!

The following is my first substantial LPing effort, of my all-time favourite game, Wonder Boy in Monster Land for the Sega Master System. It was originally posted from August 2011 to February 2012, shortly before the recent Monster World renaissance began with the Monster World Collection for PS3, 360, and Wii. That collection included the arcade version of this game, which has also been released for Switch as part of the Sega Ages collection. The SMS version was on Wii virtual console, but otherwise hasn't seen much re-release love.

When I made this LP I didn't really know what I was doing, so in many ways it's a bit crude. I started making animated GIFs as I went along, but I had trouble getting them to run at full speed, which I solved by dropping out every second or third frame. If I still have the materials and the diligence, I may redo them for this reposting. Or maybe they'll stay janky. I'm also in the process of figuring out how to convert from BBCode to HTML while retaining the original layout. Since these were originally posted on a forum, there's also an element of audience interaction that I'll have to figure out. Probably I'll just edit the text to remove anything directly talking or responding to someone.

Anyways, the LP:

Comments