Skip to main content

Let's Play Wonder Boy III, 9: Hawk-Man, part two: The Middling



Here we are again! Just a short one this time: I know I said I'd beat the game in the next update, but I changed my mind. Instead I decided to max out my charm stones, and that means grinding:



Now, I've got 66 stones, the most you can have is 99, and they cost 100G each, so I need...



...a little bit less each time an enemy is kind enough to drop one!



Before too long, I've gotten the cash together. Not quite as much as I was aiming for, but a few fortuitous stone drops mean I don't need that much anymore. Back to town!



I buy stones until the guy won't let me anymore, but still I don't have the charm for that first item. What gives? Nobody else can access this shop, and I've got the best armor and all the stones!



Turns out I just needed to leave and come back. I guess the charm check only happens when you enter the store, not whenever you get more stones. Anyway, I now have the option to buy thunder. I'll just go grind up the 97,000 gold I need to max it out (this will not be happening).



I swing by the hidden shop under the tower in town, but I can only get the first two items here.



Nice! Now I have the option to max out all my magics! Let's see... I'll need about waytoomuchgoldtobothergetting.



Right, there we go! All I'm missing now is a key. Oh, damn it!



Hmm, I can't afford to buy one just now. Back to my grind spot!



Rather than grind up the cash, I pick up the key from the chest in the building here. Key chests are always full if you don't have a key. Too bad I didn't pick that up while I was grinding here a few minutes ago.



I head back to town through the conveniently placed hidden door.



Right! There's the state we'll enter the end-game in.

Next time: The end.

Comments