Skip to main content

Let's Play Daedalian Opus, part 3

Sky Render, you are a scholar and a saint. I apologise for your suffering, and thank you for the progress it will allow me. Back to the game!



OK, so we're back to where we were.
Mogri:
Alternatively, add a gif of you solving one puzzle each update. (Why, yes. I do love your gifs.)
Technically, what follows is me copying Sky Render's solution to the puzzle (come to think of it, maybe I should have mirrored it or something), but here you go:



Sorry it goes so slowly. I tried to decrease the delay between frames from .02 seconds to .01, but that just made it slower for some reason.



And here's number 15. The password, if you don't have the patience to get it from the .gif above, is BEAT. I haven't even attempted to solve this one because I don't have a lot of time to put this update together (I'll do a proper update in a couple days).


LATER:



Although I at first agreed with Sky Render's take on the situation



i.e. that puzzle fifteen wouldn't be too bad,



because of all the corners limiting where I can place pieces,



I've come to the conclusion that



Daedalian Opus was designed by bastards,



for the purpose of human suffering.



I constantly feel like I'm on the verge of solving the puzzle,



but this feeling has no basis in reality.



Should I treat it as two puzzles,



the pyramid and the square?



Or should I have pentominoes going from one shape to the other?



I think the former,



but I can't make it work either way.



Somebody help me.



Please.


LATER STILL:



Actually,



never



mind.

The things about Daedalian Opus are: A) suffering, B) the inability to escape.

Next time: Part 4

Comments