Skip to main content

Let's Play Daedalian Opus, part 6

Hello again! When we left off, we were faced with the dread spectre of No.27. Well, actually it didn't look that bad. Let's watch:



Well, so far, so bad. I took a break. Here's round two:



Gosh, I just can't seem to get it together! But wait! If I move the angle block over, I can totally fill the right side with the chubby and windy blocks:



Or so I thought. This game is hard, guys! But wait! If I just try that again:



Hooray! I tell ya, the tears of joy are falling like



On to number 28.



Doesn't look too bad. Lots of corners. I'll take a shot:



It's tougher than it looks. I work at it for a while, and my luck comes good:



Fortunately, that didn't take too



Unfortunately I forgot to take a shot of 29 before I started working on it, but here it is almost solved:



And here it is fully solved:



So speedy! Maybe I'll finally be allowed into the puzzle solvers'



!



OK, this looks bad.



And this looks worse. Help me, TT!

LATER:



OK, so I struggle with this one a little more, and then:



Aww yeah! I'm goin' to



on this game!



Here's No.31. It's got a certain menace to it, don't you think?



Those new outer squares, and the fact that it's shaped like a gun.



Before you know it, I'm done. I'd better ditch this piece in the

s

and move along.



Here's 32. Are we sure I haven't done this one already?



The long piece is kind of problematic in stages like this. It creates a 5x2 column of empty space, and that's hard to fill. The simplest way to do it is with the chubby block.



Another option is to attack it from both sides, or to put it opposite the branch. Neither approach is helping me, I'm afraid, so I'm stopping here for now.

Next time: Part 7

Comments