Skip to main content

Let's Play La-Mulana, part 37: Suddenly it's an STG



Welcome to Let's Play La-Mulana, part 37: Suddenly it's an STG. This time we'll be making some progress and mixing the gameplay up a little. Only a little, mind. I actually played most of this update twice - I neglected to record the first time so I had to go back and do it again. I tried to do the same stuff in the same order as if I didn't already know what would happen, but there was one change near the start that kind of threw everything off. On the plus side, it means I have a more concrete idea of what caused certain events.

I start off today by returning to the Chamber of Birth. When I got the Flywheel last time, the sephirot images in the Confusion Gate started emitting mudmen. Will the ones in the Chamber do the same? Probably: the figure underneath is now an empty space where before it was filled in.



Sure enough, mudmen start coming out of the wall and walking around, before sinking into the ground and re-emerging on other platforms. Meanwhile Lemeza takes a few sickles to the back of the head.



I carry on down the path through the Chamber. The little sephirots have come to life, but the big one doesn't seem to be active.



I return to the stele which reads "Dance here. Praise life." I've tried dancing empty-handed, I've tried doing it with the Shield. This time, I'm gonna use a weapon.



I take too long the first time and get hit by the wall panel, but the second attempt does the job. This was sort of a surprise, and is also the thing I mentioned earlier that I didn't do on my first run at this update. For the moment, it's not clear what it's done.



I head through the teleports to the last room I've been able to reach. Along the way I scan a couple of spots that're on my to-do list (in the second shot here I'd not realised I had Bombs equipped instead of the Hand Scanner, but I scanned it afterwards). Eventually I reach the big sephirot image. Has anything changed?



Yes! A big mudman emerges from the wall and starts running around, before sinking into the ground the same way the small ones do. I love the spritework on this thing. I'm pretty sure this is what the Dance of Life does, because on my first attempt when I didn't do the dance this guy didn't come to life.



A few Shuriken later, the mudman is destroyed. The left and right exits open, along with the chest at the upper right. There's a clue about a giant statue named Spriggan who awakens when you show hostility, which I arguably did by using the whip in the Dance of Life. Spriggan returns to sleep when you fight him more, which again you could say is what happened here. So maybe this was Spriggan, but it wasn't exactly a statue and it didn't exactly go to sleep, so I won't cross that clue off just yet.



The chest gives me the Pochette Key, which I think is the golden key referenced in so many clues, which would make the thing I just killed the "large earthen doll".


User's Manual:
Pochette Key: It's sort of like a key...
Apparently pochette is French for a small pocket, and might mean a small handbag here - it looks enough like one. But what will it open? Well, there have been clues:
Stele:
There is a riddle Hidden between two murals. Concealed within the large one, it is summoned by the small. Challenge the riddle with golden key in hand.
The "in hand" bit even makes sense with this thing being a clutch handbag. Now I just need to figure out where these murals are. For now, though, I have a more pressing task: the interfield door leading right has just opened.



The new Field is: still the Chamber of Birth. That's odd. I spend a weight to get further into the room.



I scan the stele for a clue which, as usual, doesn't make much sense at the moment ("wedges"?), then scan behind the wall at the lower left to find GR3, a Gradius on MSX-style game by GR3 Project, i.e., the developers of La-Mulana. I'm kind of surprised watching my video back that I didn't immediately try to combine it with PR3, another not-actually-an-MSX-game ROM I picked up a while back. I'll have to give that a go next time.



I head up the ladder, where I find this area's blue cross (I still haven't figured those out yet). The clue on the stele makes me think of a trap I've seen in the Temple of Moonlight. Do I need to just stand there and get hit by it?



As I head up the left side of the screen I find another teleport, ending my exploration of this screen for the moment.



This shape looks familiar...



This dark spot at the bottom looks for all the world like it's a ROM hiding place, but if it is I failed to find it. The stele for once gives me a clue that is meaningful straight away: after all these hints about murals, here's one telling me where one actually is.



This cross, unlike the equivalent in the Chamber of Extinction, has an entrance I am able to find. And an easily reached exit.



Rather than pursue the cross further, I head up the ladder. I'm pretty sure the interacting with the cross is going to take me towards the boss, and I want to look around some more first. What's that thing on the left?



Yowza! It's a laser gun!



I scan the altar. Turns out I've had the name of this place wrong: it's the Chamber of Life, not of Birth. I was close. The meaning of the stele in the middle of the room isn't immediately clear...



...But it doesn't take long to figure out: a mudman sets off the switch in the closed chamber at the upper right, revealing the Perfume:


User's Manual:
Perfume: Destroys the dead.
Sounds useful, but what exactly does it do? Some possibilities: kills all the skeletons in the ruins (yes please!); kills the Anubis enemies ("A monster with the power of death"); kills Beelzebub (who looks like a vampire); gets rid of the giant corpses in the Graveyard.



I head left, where there's a stele, a chest down below behind the laser gun, and spikes that extend from the ceiling.



It's a good thing that I have a lot of VIT. This is a dangerous place!



The next screen is broadly similar, with rising and falling spikes, a stele with a clue, and a ROM hidden in the conspicuous pyramid mural. It's Konami Soccer, a 1985 sports sim. It's soccer. Having read the clue, I spend quite a while whipping the wall at the upper left, but nothing obvious comes of it and I give up after a while.



The next screen features another Bomb ammo drop. Nice! Oh, also there's a door here. Presumably it leads to the Chamber of Extinction, which is interesting because I don't think I've seen a door there. For now it's closed. The glyph over the door represents the number six, so it'll open when I beat the boss of the sixth area: the Chamber of Extinction. I head upwards.



This room has a lot of ladders, which it turns out mudmen can climb. The shuffle I do across the bottom platform is something that's becoming more and more prevalent in my explorations: I'm taking a tiny step, then scanning, then another step, then another scan. I'm not sure I've actually found anything this way yet.



The stele has more about Hell and Nu Wa. I'm sure I'll find the place eventually. I head up the ladder and find myself coming up the unexplored path out of the Graveyard. This isn't a surprise for me, because on my unrecorded first pass at playing this update I didn't kill the large doll and so wasn't able to enter the part of the Chamber I've just been in from below. Instead I went in through this ladder and explored it in reverse order. Anyway, since I'm in the area I pick up some more Bombs. Whatever the Perfume I just picked up does, it looks like it doesn't destroy these dead giants.



I head back in to the Chamber of Life, where I have unfinished business. Along the way I find another Bomb drop (not shown: my prolonged efforts to actually get to it without getting knocked offscreen and having it disappear - note the difference in VIT between screenshots here). First order of business: the laser gun. A stele on the screen to the left says "The golden shine reflects the narrow extending light". I don't have a golden shine, but will my Silver Shield do?



Yes it will. There's another clue that might relate to this: "The rogue that releases many lights. He who does not hold the silver shine is doomed." I'm leaving that on my clue list because I'm not convinced that this gun is a rogue.



Removing the gun clears the path to the left and opens this chest, allowing me to collect the Container:


User's Manual:
Container: Wonder what this is good for?
Good question, user's manual. I have an idea:



Here are a couple of shots from earlier in the LP. The stele image on the left sure looks like it's depicting the container along with the figure in the shot on the right. I think I need to go there and fill the container with the medicine of life.



I head further into the Field. Last time I went to the right side of the third screen here I teleported out before I finished exploring it, so I'm returning.



The only thing I find is that the uppermost block of this wall makes a noise when struck. I keep at it for a while and eventually the "you did a thing" sound plays. Sadly I didn't have the exclamation mark ROMs equipped. I think this is what the earlier clue "Keep striking the white wall. The darkness will eventually dissipate." was about. But where's the darkness that's gonna dissipate?



I head through a couple of teleports and return to the cross.



In the middle of the cross I find another teleporter that takes me to the equivalent cross in the Chamber of Extinction.



I'm at last able to reach this dais and weight it. The sound plays, so it's done something, but nothing has changed on this screen. I thought this cross was supposed to summon Palenque? Well, whatever. I head back to town and save, after first checking if Xelpud has anything new to say (nope).



Having made some progress and gained some new items, I set off to figure out what's changed throughout the ruins. I start by heading through the Confusion Gate to the Temple of Moonlight.



There are a couple of things I want to check out here, and the first is this room. One of the clues says that "The woman lies beyond many corpses.", which brought to mind this room. If she's here though, I fail to find her.



Also, I speculated earlier that the Perfume's dead-destroying power might mean I don't have to face skeletons anymore. Incorrect.



I also thought it might do something to these Anubi, but they appear unphased.



The clue on the right here is from earlier in this update, in the Chamber of Life. It made me think of this room, where weighting the dais causes the spiked ceiling to fall. It also reminds me of another part of the clue about many corpses: "To get the woman the man risks his life." Do I need to just stand there and take the hit without moving?



It doesn't seem to work. I stand there for longer than I've shown in this GIF, but nothing happens. Have I got the wrong room? Do I need to stop time first? Is there something else to it?



For now, the only way out of the trap is to warp. I head for the other Temple.



From there I return to the Temple of Moonlight, this time through the pyramid. I've had an idea that the "risks his life" clue relates to getting struck by lightning when attacking in the Temple. Do I need to break the pots or defeat the enemies in the Temple despite the lightning? Along the way to find out, I scan behind the moon (I've been doing a lot of scanning lately because I suspect I'm supposed to have the ROM that lets me warp to Reverse Fields by now and I'm trying to find it in places I've already been) and find Parodius, a 1988 Gradius parody in the form of a horizontal scrolling shooter.



If attacking anything in the pyramid is going to work, it's probably the "soul" enemies, but they're quite hard to hit so I start with a stationary target. I manage to break the pot and find nothing in it, but I've lost so much VIT in the process that I can't afford to try anything else. I warp to the Chamber of Extinction, another place that I suspect will have changed since my activities in the Chamber of Life.



And also the site of a fairy sparkle. I once again load up Diviner Sensation in combination with Shalom and once again get the blue fairy for a full heal. My confidence that there is a cause and effect relationship there is increasing.



I head back into the dark part of the stage. As I suspected, the clue earlier about striking a white wall to dissipate the darkness and the subsequent white wall that I struck until a sound played seems to have been referring to this area. It's lit up. There's a clue on a stele in the darkness somewhere that says "There is naught to disperse the darkness here", so I'd assumed it couldn't be done at all. If I'd known this was coming I might not have spent so much time going through this area in the dark repeatedly.



Heading through the former darkness, a few things have changed. Some, but not all, of the wall torches have disappeared.



Also, this wasn't here before. Is that a picture of the Pochette Key in the mural?



I think it is! Putting Lemeza in contact with the Pochette image causes a dais to appear, which I then weight. I get an exclamation mark, but nothing happens on this screen. Still, I think I have this figured out: I've taken the golden key from the large earthen doll and used it at the small mural, which was summoned by the dais in the cross that I weighted a little while ago. I'm gonna be able to cross so much stuff off my clues list from this!



I take the lower path through the darkness as well as the upper, finding a ROM I missed before in what now seems like a pretty obvious place to scan (I'd taken the raised platform to just be a clue about where to shoot a flare from to temporarily light the room) and a stele that is on my previous map of the Field but which I guess I missed scanning before. It confirms that the flywheel is what's made all the mudmen appear.

The ROM is Time Pilot, a 1983 port of the 1982 arcade shooter in which you travel to various time periods and shoot people. The wikipedia page has a neat anecdote about the game:
Wikipedia:
According to his account, Yoshiki Okamoto's proposal for Time Pilot was initially rejected by his boss at Konami, who assigned Okamoto to work on a driving game instead. Okamoto secretly gave instructions to his programmer to work on his idea, while pretending to be working on a driving game in front of his boss. When Time Pilot was a success, Okamoto's boss claimed credit for Okamoto's idea.


Once I reach the end of the previously dark area, I warp back to town and save, then set off again. My next destination is this room in the Tower of Ruin. Now that I have the container, I expect the figure in the background here to fill it with the medicine of life, as depicted in this clue.



I go and stand there, jump up to the mouth of the vessel, but nothing happens. Maybe I've got this one wrong?



I also take a crack at bombing the wall open. Bad idea.



The container is at the bottom right of my item list, still empty. I must be missing something. Then, to mix things up a little, I head to the Graveyard of the Giants and spend fully ten minutes running around the whole place scanning everywhere. I find nothing. I'd been hoping to turn up the Arctic Adventure ROM which will allow me to warp to reverse Fields. It just seemed like this frozen area was the most likely place to hide it. Oh well.



Since I'm in the area, I stop by the stele in the Tower of Ruin that mentioned the medicine of life. This really looks to me like I'm supposed to be taking the container to the woman with pot image in the other part of the Tower after defeating the invisible enemy in the room in the third screenshot here (which I've done), but it doesn't seem to work. Frustrated and seeking more frustration, I head to the Labyrinths for another look at this block puzzle.



I again try to stop time while dropping the block. This time I am certain I stopped time while it was in the air and it didn't slow its fall. There's gotta be some way to do this that I'm missing.



I warp back to the Village and save, and then head for where I expect to find Palenque, having used the golden key at the small mural. This means taking the hike I complained about when I was fighting the Viy, plus a few more screens in the Chamber of Extinction. When I get there, I find that a new mural has appeared in the wall, and an Ankh on the floor. Let's get out an Ankh Jewel:



I activate the Ankh and the mural peels away. What had appeared to be a human figure in the mural is revealed as a fairly alien creature in some kind of flying machine. Lemeza gets his own tiny aeroplane and we both take flight.



Briefly. We're in a corridor full of columns, which Palenque can break through but which do a fair bit of damage to Lemeza. Between that and its attacks, I don't last long. I need to brush up on my shmupping skills. Or maybe I can just get up close and lob a tonne of Bombs in quick succession. Either way, that'll be a task for next time - I'm done for today.


Maps:

Chamber of Extinction:



Chamber of Life:




Clues:

Village:
"Have you found all the ROMS? Something good will happen if you do."

"The traps and tricks in the ruins are said to have been set by the Four Sages. They wait for you to come."

"The twin ruins are two and yet one. They look a lot alike but are really different. You'll have to figure out the difference."

"That tower moves by the power of water. Is it converted to hydrogen maybe? That's what the spring's for."

"That talisman... it belonged to your father. Your father went into the ruins and never came back, though I hear he got pretty deep into them. You should look for his diary. He should have had it with him. Maybe he wrote what he found in it. What? You saw someone that looked like your father in the ruins? Don't be ridiculous. Do you have any idea how many days it's been since he went in there?"
Guidance Gate:
"Eight souls rest in this land. The souls are those of the Guardians that protect these lands."

"The sad tale of the giants. Their history is recorded therein."

"In the temple of the Sun, a new trap fills a hole and conceals a trigger."

""Twin Guards" "Silent and alone" "Deliver a stone on high""



Confusion Gate:
"Ye who has life. There is still time. Turn back. The confusion continues."

"11 children guard Tiamat's chamber. The Grail is powerless therein."

"You have done well in making it this far, wise one. Break through the final confusion."

"This is the Confusion Gate. The path will open to the wise."

"Is the one reading this tablet wise or a fool? I pray it is one that has wisdom."

"The mother ocean watches kindness and charity."
Mausoleum of Giants:
"So these ruins are those from a race of giants... I was just about to decipher their legend too..."

"We are the second race born of the Great Mother. We were born to return her to the skies. This is the sad story of our race. Nine brothers led our race: Zeb, Bud, Migera, Led, Fut, Abt, Zi, Riv, and Sakit."

"In order to hold up the Earth, Zeb stopped moving, and the remaining brothers split into two factions and fought amongst themselves."

"Abt, Zi, Riv, and Sakit wanted the Mother to remain here on Earth."



"The eldest, Zeb, could not move, as he had to hold up the Earth."

"We could not grant the Great Mother's wish. I am the only one to remain, and here I go to my long, final rest. Abt"

"Zi started praying to the Earth on a moonlight night."

"On a day when the sun was bright, Led fell in battle. A large hole torn in his chest, he went into his long, final rest."

"Bud went into a long, final rest on a night when the sky was full of stars."

"To launch the tower, water was indispensable. Migera carried a lake to this land and expired in the effort."

"Grieving for his elder brothers, Riv dug a tunnel from the lake to the tower to bring water to it. He collapsed in the effort and went into a long rest."

"The youngest, Sakit, followed his own path. He locked Led's body, left power in his hand, and went into a long rest."

"1 Sword, 2 Bodies, 3 Wishes, 4 Disasters. 5 Stars, 6 Moons, 7 Lights, 8 Paths. 9 Cups, and 0 which is Life."
Graveyard of the Giants:
"Only thy own strength can get thee through this frozen land."

"Art thou the chosen one or not? Proceed ahead. We wait for thee beyond."

"The rogue that releases many lights. He who does not hold the silver shine is doomed."

"Just walk down the path. A new power awaits thee at its end."

"Where life is born, there is a shop that sells a Jewel."

Temple of the Sun:
"Challenge the cavern of the inferno. It will be a long road. He who follows it should be prepared to die."

"If there is a man, there is also a woman. You must not use weapons inside the woman. If you wish to solve the riddle of the temple, proceed into the next room."

"Summon the power of the twins. The twins are two and yet one. The twins are very much alike."

"Chant the correct Mantras, and seal off Tiamat, Baphomet, Palenque, Viy, Bahamut, Ellmac, Sakit, and Amphisbaena."

"The first Mantra is in a corridor. The entrance to the corridor that continues forever."

"The second Mantra is by the feet of the twins. The place where their feet connect."

"The third Mantra is a green beast. By the side of the guardian of Hell."

"The fourth Mantra is by a serpent. The path connecting to the pyramid Nu Wa guards."

"The fifth Mantra is below the goddess. By the feet of the goddess who gazes at the crumbling tower."

"The seventh Mantra is by many spikes. Spikes that protude from seven floors."

"The final Mantra is eight stars."

"All civilisation came from The Mother"

Temple of Moonlight:
"This is the Temple of Moonlight. The lovely, female temple."

"Changing water to power, the Tower flies up into the sky."

"The sound of the flute is given to the pregnant woman."
Spring of the Sky:
"The water that operates the tower. It flows here and is converted to energy."

Tower of the Goddess:
"This is a forbidden land that no one may enter. The place concealed beyond here hides a secret. Fly on golden wings."

"This is the Tower of the Goddess. A place to grant the wish of the Mother."

"The mischievous Rusali. Yaksi, who beguiles men. Dakini, dancing enticingly. Only one of them has a pure heart."

"Strike the one who blocks the Golden Wings."

"The right eye sees Charity."

"Challenge the Chamber of Birth. Take the Golden Key. Proceed to where we were born."

"To the left is the secret of life, to the right is the power of destruction."

"Ye who leaves this land, take this to heart. We can not grant the Mother's wish. Which child of the Mother art thou? We, her second children, wish that you can grant her desire."

Inferno Cavern:
"Discover where the truth of this land lies."

"This is the Inferno Cavern. A place that was once a source of power."

"If you can't find something important where it should be, check the back."

"What is here is not everything. This is the critical location. Take another path and return to this land again."

Tower of Ruin:
"The kind, mischievous fairy. The kind, lonely fairy. Her mischief is innocent. Innocent mischief will do thee no harm."

"The large earthen doll, It carries the flying golden key."

"The people who created Nu Wa, those who imitate the power of the Great Mother. The power to create life. The power to create us. That wish goes unfulfilled."

"The left eye sees Kindness."

"To ye who hast made it this far, undertake the final trial. The Mother's wish can no longer be granted."



Chamber of Extinction:
"If thou cannot go left, go right."

"The Guardians lurk in the front. Places without them are the rear. This is the law of the ruins. Only the Infinite Corridor is an exception."

"Spriggan, the giant statue. Show hostility and he will awaken. Fight him more and he will return to sleep."

"There is a riddle Hidden between two murals. Concealed within the large one, it is summoned by the small. Challenge the riddle with golden key in hand."



Chamber of Life:
"This is the Chamber of Life. The place where all life was born."

"This is the land where life was born. When life is praised, the large earthen doll will be born, the earthen doll that holds the golden key."

"Charity, Kindness, Charity, Charity, Kindness, Charity, Kindness, Kindness, the endless sound of the waves."

"The Crystal Skull suppresses Tiamat's power and summons forth the dimension in which she dwells."

"Dance here. Praise life."

"The four Sages silently wait for the time when the strong one arrives."

"The Tree of Life is the source of all life. The mud dolls become people."

"As they become people, this land prospers. Gathering power, they leave this place on a journey. And they continue to prosper, aiming for the skies in other lands."

"Palenque sleeps within a wall. Take the golden key and challenge him."

"Drive in the wedges. Awaken the Mother. The Shrine of the Mother will then show its true form."



Twin Labyrinths (Front):
"Cast a spell on the spirits that have the elixir. The Elixir gives shape to souls."

"The King of Hell, Beelzebub. He guards the eight souls in front of the Mother."

Twin Labyrinths (Reverse)
"The priests lived in the ruins and guarded them. As they started to die, four of them turned themselves into stone, gained eternal life, and became Sages."

"This was once a prosperous place. Many secret treasures are hidden within."

The Shrine of the Mother:
"Proceed from the correct path."

"Endlessness and dimensions. With her great power, Tiamat bent the laws of both."

"A land guarded by 8 souls."

"The Sages will only show the path to the chosen one. At its end lies a great soul."

"We were born of this earth. We were the seventh to be born. And we forgot our Mother..."

"Through a ceremony passed down through the ages, the four Sages attained undying bodies."


To-Do:

Anywhere:
-Find Shorn Kosugi
-Figure out what the blue crosses do
-Find the Four Sages and talk to them
--Get the flute
-Clear each screen of enemies at least once
-Complete the software use and software combinations lists in the manual
-Find other key fairy locations, if they exist
-Get all the ROMs
--Have something good happen
-Push the wall on a moonlit night
-Use the golden key on the small mural
--Solve the riddle in the large mural
-Figure out what a Mantra is and find them all
-Find Shorn's diary
-Undertake the final trial
-Try combining PR3 and GR3
-Figure out what the Perfume does

Village:
-Return to hidden door at 4/2 with all the ROMs
Guidance Gate:
-Get the Jewel in the star at 0/-4
-Do something with the angels at 1/-3
Confusion Gate:
-Open chest at -4/1 (x3)
-Enter door at -4/1 (upside down)
-Get past barrier at -5/3
-Push block to obstruct light at -5/3
-Summon Key Fairy at -6/3 and look for something to unlock
-Reach the left side of Shu's blood shower head at -3/2
-Scan all the little platforms at -3/5
Mausoleum of Giants:
-Decipher the legend of the giants
-Do something with holy wall at 1/-1
Graveyard of the Giants:
-Get something from chest at 1/-3
-Do something with fake spikes at -1/-2
-Take path to another Field at 2/-2

Temple of the Sun:
-Solve all the puzzles
-Do something with squiggles at 3/-3
--Bring the Woman Statue
Temple of Moonlight:
-Open chest at 0/-1
--Try the dais again
---Try the dais after stopping time
-Open chest at 1/2
-Do something with the reproductive system image at 1/2
--Go to sleep inside the woman
---Get into the chamber at the lower right of 1/3 and drop from there to 1/2
-Break all the pots and defeat all the enemies inside the pyramid
-Get the statue in the room at 2/2 to say or do something
--Go to it after getting the flute
Spring of the Sky:
-Get the statue in the room at 0/1 to say or do something
--Go to it after getting the flute
-Reach the two circular objects in 2/0
Tower of the Goddess:
-Enter door: 1/-1 (behind water)
-Talk to statue at 0/1 after getting flute
Inferno Cavern:
-Reach the two rooms at the top left of the map
Tower of Ruin:
-Get the medicine of life
-Figure out what weighting the dais at -4/1 did
-Do something with the blue cross at -3/2
-Reach the fairies at -3/3
-Get to rest of Field from 0/3
--Clear pillar
-Interact with background woman at 0/3
Chamber of Extinction:
-Weight dais: 6/0
-Summon Palenque probably at 6/0
--Get the golden key
-Defeat Palenque

Chamber of Life
-Praise life so large earthen doll is born
--Dance to praise life at 6/-3
--Get the golden key from the earthen doll
-Open chest: 3/-2, 5/-2
-Read stele: 2/-2
-Take door to other field: 5/-2
--Remove elephant pillar
-Do something with large sephirot image at 5/-2
-Scan cracked wall: 4/-2
-Find the shop that sells a Jewel
-Attempt to break lower wall at 6/-1
-Go through door at 2/0
--Defeat Palenque

Twin Labyrinths (Front):
-Solve block puzzle at 3/-2
--Find way to push leftmost block to the right
--Try the Lamp of Time again
-Defeat Baphomet at 3/-1

Twin Labyrinths (Reverse)
-Look at the 24K map
-Go up to another Field from 0/0 (or come down from another Field into 0/0)
Endless Corridor:
-Reveal and climb the missing ladder at 1/-1
The Shrine of the Mother:
-Do something past falling pillar at 0/4
-Remove eye blocks: -2/1, 0/4
-Open chest: -2/4, room reached from Twin Labyrinths
-Get Crystal Skull at -3/4
--Try the Lamp of Time
-Weight dais: -3/4
-Do something at the platform at -1/2
-Do something at the box platform at -3/0
-Take left exit from -1/3
-Defeat Beelzebub at -1/1
--Try again with the Perfume
--Open the core of La Mulana
-Chant the correct Mantras to seal off each Guardian at their images (?)

Death Locks:
-Temple of the Sun 0/-4
-Shrine of the Mother -2/4

Fairy Locations:
-Confusion Gate -6/3
-Temple of Moonlight 0/-1
-Spring of the Sky 3/1
-Tower of the Goddess 2/5
-Chamber of Extinction 8/-3
-Endless Corridor 0/-2


ROMs:
-Athletic Land
-Cabbage Patch Kids
-Circus Charlie
-Comic Bakery
-Contra
-Diviner Sensation
-F1 Spirit
-F1 Spirit 3D Special
-Firebird
-Game Collection 1
-Game Collection 2
-Game Collection 3
-Game Collection 4
-Game Master
-Game Master 2
-Glyph Reader
-GR3
-Gradius
-Hyper Olympic 2
-Hyper Olympic 3
-Hyper Rally
-Hyper Sports 1
-Hyper Sports 2
-King's Valley
-Knightmare
-Konami Baseball
-Konami Boxing
-Konami Golf
-Konami Pinball
-Konami Ping-pong
-Konami Soccer
-Konami Tennis
-Magical Tree
-Mahjong Dojo
-Mahjong Wizard
-Metal Gear
-Metal Gear 2
-Mopi Ranger
-Parodius
-Penguin Adventure
-Pennant Race
-Pennant Race 2
-Pippols
-PR3
-Q-bert
-Quarth
-Road Fighter
-Ruins RAM 8K
-Ruins RAM 16K
-Salamander
-Seal of El Giza
-Shalom
-Shin Synthesizer
-Sky Jaguar
-Space Manbow
-Super Cobra
-Time Pilot
-Unreleased ROM
-Video Hustler
-Yie Ar Kung Fu
-Yie Ar Kung Fu 2

Glyph Key:

Next Time:
Part 38: More SHMUPping

Comments