Skip to main content

Let's Play La-Mulana, part 35: Explosives



Hello again. Today we'll be exploring the exits I opened up in the Tower of the Goddess last time. First off, I'm returning to this room in the Tower of Ruin. There are two things I want to do here: something to do with the figure of a woman in the background (I think she'll be dispensing the medicine of life once I get something to put it in, and my suspicion is that if I'd come here before finding and weighting a hidden dais near the clue about the medicine then she'd be holding a vase upright instead of pouring one out towards the viewer), and getting from this room into the rest of the area. I thought I might be able to do the latter by jumping up through the gap in the roof:



Nope!



So I return to the Tower of the Goddess and set off for the presumed Chamber of Birth. As with the room in the Tower of Ruin, there were some things I wanted to try doing here. Also as with that room, I won't achieve anything this visit.



I come to this stele, which reads "Dance here. Praise life." I attempt the dance of life, using the shield this time, as I speculated might work in the previous update. It's quite tricky to fit it in between appearances of the rotating wall panel, and I get it wrong. It should be three times to the left, three to the right, and then jump facing left, but I do left three times, right four times, and jump facing right. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't work.



This is arguably a better attempt, though I still start the jump facing the wrong way and I do it in a different location which could be the wrong one. I really feel like I don't have enough information yet to figure this one out.



I enter the teleport maze. The crack in the wall that Lemeza is standing in front of seems suspicious, so I scan it but find nothing.



I thought I might be able to steer after this teleport if I was jumping when I entered it, but no go.



I also thought there might be another teleport in this wall, but it turns out it's solid and can't be walked into. Doesn't seem to be breakable, either.



Here are some more locations I thought might be hiding something but which aren't. I was really sure about the last one, too. The dark spot on the wall behind the pot seemed like a sure-fire clue.



These spots seemed like contenders, too, but no dice. I also take another shot at doing the dance, this time holding the shield up the whole time. No luck.



Frustrated, I give up on this Field for a while. Time to head for the other Field entrances I think I've opened up in the Tower of the Goddess. I just need to climb this tower again first.



Yep, just a short trip up this tower.



I found this difficult the first time I went up it, but I have even more trouble with it this time. I've figured out why: the shortcut I opened up when I got the Mace. Each time I go through the gap in the wall into the balance room, it resets all the enemies in the tower area. The first time through that gap wasn't there, so once I'd killed an enemy once (in particular, the flying eyes in the room with the guns) I didn't have to do it again. Now, I'm resetting them almost every time I fall down. I could have fixed this by climbing up on the right side away from the opening, but if I screw up a jump on that side then I fall down an extra screen further.



It only takes me a few attempts this time, fortunately.



Sadly, this won't be my last trip up the tower in this update. I summon the key fairy - even though I know my speculation that it might get rid of the goddess statues for me was wrong, I still don't know what it does and I figure this summoning point might be here for a reason. Unfortunately, I then fail the jump over to the room on the left.



It takes me over three minutes to make it back to the top. This time, not feeling brave enough to risk repeating the fall, I head straight to the left without trying to summon the key fairy. Also, the sparkle hasn't reappeared yet so I couldn't summon it anyway, but I didn't notice that at the time.



As expected, the goddess statue that was here before is now gone, allowing me to access the doorway to another Field, which turns out to be the Confusion Gate. That's a pretty neat statue! According to the stele at the top of the tower I just climbed, this area will contain "the secret of life", which might be what I need in the Chamber of Birth.



I check the map - I'm in the previously unexplored upper right bit of the Gate. The stele at the bottom is blank, and the statue doesn't like to be attacked.



I scan various places around the room, break all the pots, and try my luck with the whip again. The statue also doesn't like to be struck in the face.



I take the upper exit to the left, winding up in a dead end in which the hand scanner also finds nothing. I head back and go through the lower exit, giving me access to more of the room. As I enter, two extra ladders appear.



I take out the enemies that I can reach and the pot at the lower left. As the pot breaks, several more ladders appear, enough that I'll actually be able to reach the stele and the upper left exit from the room.



Once I start climbing the ladders I learn that which ones are visible changes with each climb. I keep going with it and eventually reach the stele.



Is the mother ocean the same as the Mother? Presumably the kindness and charity mentioned here are the same as the ones seen by the left and right eyes, but I still don't know what it all means. I'm lucky enough to have a ladder leading to the exit as my one path out of the stele chamber, so I carry on.



I reach the ladder that I saw Shorn climbing earlier, which takes me to a room with some kind of bat suspended over a drop back to the rest of the stage. Taking it on while standing on the little platforms available doesn't appeal, so I test the wall next to me and find a path to the screen of La-Mulana most likely (so far) to appear on a metal band's album cover. Well, this or Baphomet, I guess.



I take out the "soul" enemies and scan the three fancy steles at the bottom. Given there are three pairs of barriers here (and also that I'll have cleared one pair by the end of this update), I think I need to act on each clue to get to the chest. Hopefully clearing all the barriers will open it, too. I think the first clue relates to the thing I saw hanging outside the entrance to this screen, the second relates to the screen just left of this Field's altar, and the third to the statue I saw a few screens ago. I broke all its pots at the time, but maybe I need to do it "all at once". How I'll pull that off, I don't know.

Also, I think I tried scanning in front of the face up top, but I'm not certain, so I'll add that to my list just in case.



After a brief detour to fill my EXP and restore my lacking VIT, I start with the large, sad bird.



It doesn't go well - I run out of Shuriken and walk off the little platform that's keeping me in the room.



This puts me back in the other part of the Field, which means I'll need to climb that damned tower in the Tower of the Goddess to get back up and take another shot at the sad bird, but I make the most of it by heading for the wandering lizard. I need to get the light from the middle of the room up to the lizard somehow.



I attempt to reflect it with my shield without success, then try sending flares up to the lizard, which doesn't work either. For the moment, I give up. I head for the Guidance Gate to collect some more Shuriken, since I just ran out, and then return to the Tower.



The climb actually goes pretty well this time - I only fall down once. I return to the room of the dancing child. As I write this, I've just figured out what I need to do. I need to use the Lamp of Time to freeze time, and break all the pots in the room before it runs out. It's so obvious, I'm probably wrong. Still, next time I'll give it a go.



For now, not having had that idea yet, I try to simultaneously attack the two pots the statue is holding. I don't quite time it right, so even if this is the correct approach the attempt doesn't work.



All of the ladders in this room are now visible at once, which makes navigating it a lot easier. This GIF also holds a clue to how I'm pretty sure I'll be solving the lizard puzzle.



I return to the sad bird, and this time do better than before. This guy, by the way, is the last of the room guards to have a picture in the manual:


User's Manual:
BA: A monster that carries the souls of the dead, with the body of a hawk and a head of a human.
I think it's this one, anyway.



I attempt to jump to all the little platforms in this room and scan them. It goes ok for a while, but then I miss a jump and fall down. That means I'll be climbing the tower again.



I head to the wandering lizard again, but have no new ideas. I have had once since, though: note that the lizard is climbing down the ladder in the screenshot. If I push the block on the platform it's climbing to over to the right, the lizard will be able to climb down the other ladder and come to the light itself, instead of me bringing the light to it. Sadly, I didn't think of this at the time, so it'll have to wait for next time. For now, I warp back to the village and return to the Tower of the Goddess.



I regret to say...



...that I can no longer recommend...



...La-Mulana...



...as an enjoyable...



...game to play.



Admittedly, this is largely the result of me trying to rush it.



But I have had enough of climbing this tower.



[sigh]



I actually did this twice in a row, but I've skipped the GIF for the second time.



This was looking promising, until it wasn't.



This is at least efficient.



やったあ!



I manage to hold it together and make it to the Confusion Gate without falling back down. I never want to climb that tower again. As I expected, one of the barriers in the album cover room has disappeared.



I decide against attempting to scan all the little platforms again and return to the peak of the tower. It's time to try the key fairy again.



I know I've said this before, but the star animation is so good.



At last I've found something for the key fairy to do: it hovers near the platform up top and a dais appears. When I weight it, the wall to the right vanishes to reveal a doorway. Where will it take me?



Whoa... where is this?



Wherever it is, it's got a cool tree and an Unreleased ROM. One of Xelpud's lines is about wanting an unreleased ROM to be found. I wonder if he'll comment on this one? I'm not warping back to check until I've done whatever else I can at the top of the tower, though.



I can't go any further in the tree area, so I head back to the Tower and this time to the right. According to the stele on top of the tower, "the power of destruction" is this way. Let's see where I wind up:



It's the previously unreachable part of the Graveyard of the Giants. I get an ominous clue from the stele (is the red stone just an Ankh Jewel?), and a ROM from one of the skeletons (the other one doesn't seem to scan). It's Mopi Ranger, a 1985 title that looks kind of a like a Pac Man clone. You control a mouse in a boat paddling through a maze of canals to rescue "Moplits".



I head left, where I find the Field's blue cross. The ice block in the centre of the room makes a "ping" when struck, so I guess I'll be breaking it open at some point to reach the skeleton inside. For now, none of my weapons work on it. I'm not sure if the clue refers to what I'm about to do in the rest of this update or if it's something else.



I head up the ladder to a room full of spikes. It's a bit of a pain to get around in. I weight the dais up top, but nothing obvious changes, no sound plays, and I don't get the exclamation mark. I wonder what it did?



I get to work clearing out the enemies. Unfortunately, the spikes, slippery floor, and these snowpuffs' tendency to dodge make it quite difficult.



I get there in the end but gain nothing for my efforts, so I head down and to the left to reach a room I've seen before, but only from the leftmost edge. The broken stele is blank, and the dais is still out of reach. That only really leaves one option:



I go down. There are two daises down here, one of which I can reach. Again, weighting it shows no immediate benefit. There's also a path to another Field (the glyph next to it is the one for six, so it'll take me to the Chamber of Birth), and a stele with another clue that mentions a Jewel. My detector hasn't gone off in any of the rooms of the Chamber of Birth (which I think is "where life is born"), so I see three possibilities: 1) It has gone off and I didn't notice; 2) The shop is in a screen I haven't been to yet; 3) The shop isn't hidden in the usual sense (behind a pot or wall that needs to be broken), so the detector hasn't gone off, but it is hidden behind one of the foreground walls that Lemeza can walk through. I don't much fancy going through the whole of the Field attempting to enter doors I can't see, so I hope it's not option three.



I head back up the ladder and find that the barrier has gone, allowing me to weight the dais. I do so, and then go back to the screen below, where the barrier in front of the lower dais has also disappeared. Presumably the first dais I weighted in this area got rid of a barrier in front of the dais at the upper right of this screen.



Activating this dais finally gets me the "you did a thing" sound, and a ladder appears.



The ladder leads me to the upper area of the room above, where I read the stele. Hmm... what does it mean?



A-ha! It's lucky I got this - I doubt I'd have come back here and found it later if I hadn't done it now (2020 comment: Looking at this again, I think maybe the ladder would have appeared when I walked back to the right regardless, and "taking my weapon in hand" had nothing to do with it).



Up the stairs I find a holy block.



Jumping causes a Room Guard to appear - some kind of fox with a scythed front leg. It flings out a projectile which seems to just keep circling, and I get a little careless with the downward reach of the katana.



I manage to land a couple of hits, though it's hard with the slippery ice. The projectiles seem to persist until they hit Lemeza.



As usual, I am underutilising my sub-weapons. This would have been a good time for a flare barrage followed by multiple shuriken. Or at least some shield use to avoid the hits I'm taking.



Eventually I get my act together, though I never manage to stop taking hits, and the fox is defeated. The holy block disappears to reveal... something... but I fall down before I can reach it.



Fortunately it's just a short ladder climb to get back and claim the Bomb, a new subweapon. I equip it, but as usual start off with no ammunition.


User's Manual:
Bomb: A weapon that deals damage with a powerful blast. The blast can hurt the Hero too.
This must be the power of destruction I've been looking for.



If I can use it to blow open the pinging wall in the first two screenshots here, then I'll have created a path to the top of the Tower of the Goddess that doesn't require climbing the tower. Fortunately, there's some ammo in a rock in the next room. Let's give it a go:



The manual wasn't lying about it harming the hero, but I succeed in blowing open this ice block. The arc of the bomb looks a bit tricky, though. Will I be able to aim it where I want to break the wall in the other room?



I get a ROM from the skeleton in the ice and then head left to the wall I want to destroy. Space Manbow is a 1989 shooter developed specifically for the MSX2. The name apparently comes from your ship (and/or the final boss) being shaped like a mambo fish, and it has much better horizontal scrolling than most MSX games. It looks pretty cool, in fact.



This is not a great start.



Nor a great continuation. I've only got one shot left - it took two to break the ice, so even if I find the right spot to throw the bomb from, I might not be able to do it.



I take a shot from the ladder, but don't get it right here, either. It's interesting that the bomb is exploding there but bouncing off of other locations. Is there a breakable wall there, as well? Sadly, I'm out of bombs, so I can't find out.



Out of ammo, I head back to the Village. I thought Xelpud might have something to say about one of the places I've been, the unreleased ROM, or the new weapon I picked up, but he doesn't. I save and quit.


Maps:

Confusion Gate:



The Graveyard of the Giants:



The Tower of the Goddess:



The Legendary Tree:




Clues:

Village:
"Have you found all the ROMS? Something good will happen if you do."

"The traps and tricks in the ruins are said to have been set by the Four Sages. They wait for you to come."

"The twin ruins are two and yet one. They look a lot alike but are really different. You'll have to figure out the difference."

"That tower moves by the power of water. Is it converted to hydrogen maybe? That's what the spring's for."

"That talisman... it belonged to your father. Your father went into the ruins and never came back, though I hear he got pretty deep into them. You should look for his diary. He should have had it with him. Maybe he wrote what he found in it. What? You saw someone that looked like your father in the ruins? Don't be ridiculous. Do you have any idea how many days it's been since he went in there?"
Guidance Gate:
"Eight souls rest in this land. The souls are those of the Guardians that protect these lands."

"The sad tale of the giants. Their history is recorded therein."

"In the temple of the Sun, a new trap fills a hole and conceals a trigger."

""Twin Guards" "Silent and alone" "Deliver a stone on high""



Confusion Gate:
"Ye who has life. There is still time. Turn back. The confusion continues."

"11 children guard Tiamat's chamber. The Grail is powerless therein."

"You have done well in making it this far, wise one. Break through the final confusion."

"This is the Confusion Gate. The path will open to the wise."

"Is the one reading this tablet wise or a fool? I pray it is one that has wisdom."

"The mother ocean watches kindness and charity."



Mausoleum of Giants:
"So these ruins are those from a race of giants... I was just about to decipher their legend too..."

"We are the second race born of the Great Mother. We were born to return her to the skies. This is the sad story of our race. Nine brothers led our race: Zeb, Bud, Migera, Led, Fut, Abt, Zi, Riv, and Sakit."

"In order to hold up the Earth, Zeb stopped moving, and the remaining brothers split into two factions and fought amongst themselves."

"Abt, Zi, Riv, and Sakit wanted the Mother to remain here on Earth."



"The eldest, Zeb, could not move, as he had to hold up the Earth."

"We could not grant the Great Mother's wish. I am the only one to remain, and here I go to my long, final rest. Abt"

"Zi started praying to the Earth on a moonlight night."

"On a day when the sun was bright, Led fell in battle. A large hole torn in his chest, he went into his long, final rest."

"Bud went into a long, final rest on a night when the sky was full of stars."

"To launch the tower, water was indispensable. Migera carried a lake to this land and expired in the effort."

"Grieving for his elder brothers, Riv dug a tunnel from the lake to the tower to bring water to it. He collapsed in the effort and went into a long rest."

"The youngest, Sakit, followed his own path. He locked Led's body, left power in his hand, and went into a long rest."

"1 Sword, 2 Bodies, 3 Wishes, 4 Disasters. 5 Stars, 6 Moons, 7 Lights, 8 Paths. 9 Cups, and 0 which is Life."
Graveyard of the Giants:
"Only thy own strength can get thee through this frozen land."

"Art thou the chosen one or not? Proceed ahead. We wait for thee beyond."

"The rogue that releases many lights. He who does not hold the silver shine is doomed."

"Just walk down the path. A new power awaits thee at its end."

"Where life is born, there is a shop that sells a Jewel."



Temple of the Sun:
"Challenge the cavern of the inferno. It will be a long road. He who follows it should be prepared to die."

"If there is a man, there is also a woman. You must not use weapons inside the woman. If you wish to solve the riddle of the temple, proceed into the next room."

"Summon the power of the twins. The twins are two and yet one. The twins are very much alike."

"Chant the correct Mantras, and seal off Tiamat, Baphomet, Palenque, Viy, Bahamut, Ellmac, Sakit, and Amphisbaena."

"The first Mantra is in a corridor. The entrance to the corridor that continues forever."

"The second Mantra is by the feet of the twins. The place where their feet connect."

"The third Mantra is a green beast. By the side of the guardian of Hell."

"The fourth Mantra is by a serpent. The path connecting to the pyramid Nu Wa guards."

"The fifth Mantra is below the goddess. By the feet of the goddess who gazes at the crumbling tower."

"The seventh Mantra is by many spikes. Spikes that protude from seven floors."

"The final Mantra is eight stars."

"Sahete's understanding/clarity
was born from The Mother"

Temple of Moonlight:
"This is the Temple of Moonlight. The lovely, female temple."

"Changing water to power, the Tower flies up into the sky."

"The sound of the flute is given to the pregnant woman."
Spring of the Sky:
"The water that operates the tower. It flows here and is converted to energy."

Tower of the Goddess:
"This is a forbidden land that no one may enter. The place concealed beyond here hides a secret. Fly on golden wings."

"This is the Tower of the Goddess. A place to grant the wish of the Mother."

"The mischievous Rusali. Yaksi, who beguiles men. Dakini, dancing enticingly. Only one of them has a pure heart."

"Strike the one who blocks the Golden Wings."

"The right eye sees Charity."

"Challenge the Chamber of Birth. Take the Golden Key. Proceed to where we were born."

"To the left is the secret of life, to the right is the power of destruction." (at 2/5)

"Ye who leaves this land, take this to heart. We can not grant the Mother's wish. Which child of the Mother art thou? We, her second children, wish that you can grant her desire."

Inferno Cavern:
"Discover where the truth of this land lies."

"This is the Inferno Cavern. A place that was once a source of power."

"If you can't find something important where it should be, check the back."

"What is here is not everything. This is the critical location. Take another path and return to this land again."

Tower of Ruin:
"The kind, mischievous fairy. The kind, lonely fairy. Her mischief is innocent. Innocent mischief will do thee no harm."

"The large earthen doll, It carries the flying golden key."

"The people who created Nu Wa, those who imitate the power of the Great Mother. The power to create life. The power to create us. That wish goes unfulfilled."

"The left eye sees Kindness."

"To ye who hast made it this far, undertake the final trial. The Mother's wish can no longer be granted."

Chamber of Extinction:
"If thou cannot go left, go right."

"The Guardians lurk in the front. Places without them are the rear. This is the law of the ruins. Only the Infinite Corridor is an exception."

"Spriggan, the giant statue. Show hostility and he will awaken. Fight him more and he will return to sleep."

"There is a riddle Hidden between two murals. Concealed within the large one, it is summoned by the small. Challenge the riddle with golden key in hand."

Chamber of Birth:
"This is the land where life was born. When life is praised, the large earthen doll will be born, the earthen doll that holds the golden key."

"Charity, Kindness, Charity, Charity, Kindness, Charity, Kindness, Kindness, the endless sound of the waves."

"The Crystal Skull suppresses Tiamat's power and summons forth the dimension in which she dwells."

"Dance here. Praise life." (6/-3)

"The four Sages silently wait for the time when the strong one arrives."

"The Tree of Life is the source of all life. The mud dolls become people."

"As they become people, this land prospers. Gathering power, they leave this place on a journey. And they continue to prosper, aiming for the skies in other lands."

Twin Labyrinths (Front):
"Cast a spell on the spirits that have the elixir. The Elixir gives shape to souls."

"The King of Hell, Beelzebub. He guards the eight souls in front of the Mother."

Twin Labyrinths (Reverse)
"The priests lived in the ruins and guarded them. As they started to die, four of them turned themselves into stone, gained eternal life, and became Sages."

"This was once a prosperous place. Many secret treasures are hidden within."

The Shrine of the Mother:
"Proceed from the correct path."

"Endlessness and dimensions. With her great power, Tiamat bent the laws of both."

"A land guarded by 8 souls."

"The Sages will only show the path to the chosen one. At its end lies a great soul."

"We were born of this earth. We were the seventh to be born. And we forgot our Mother..."

"Through a ceremony passed down through the ages, the four Sages attained undying bodies."


To-Do:

Anywhere:
-Find Shorn Kosugi
-Figure out what the blue crosses do
-Find the Four Sages and talk to them
--Get the flute
-Clear each screen of enemies at least once
-Complete the software use and software combinations lists in the manual
-Figure out what the key fairy does
-Find other key fairy locations, if they exist
-Get all the ROMs
--Have something good happen
-Push the wall on a moonlit night
-Use the golden key on the small mural
--Solve the riddle in the large mural
-Figure out what a Mantra is and find them all
-Find Shorn's diary
-Undertake the final trial

Village:
-Return to hidden door at 4/2 with all the ROMs
Guidance Gate:
-Get the Jewel in the star at 0/-4
-Do something with the angels at 1/-3
Confusion Gate:
-Open chest -2/5, -4/1 (x3)
-Enter door -4/1 (upside down)
-Get past barrier at -5/3
-Push block to obstruct light at -5/3
-Summon Key Fairy at -6/3 and look for something to unlock
-Reach the left side of Shu's blood shower head at -3/2
-Do something with the statue at -1/4
-Clear barriers at -2/5
--Return light to wandering lizard (-5/3)
---Move the block so the lizard can return to the light
--Vanish dancing child's treasures all at once (-1/4)
---Use the Lamp of Time
-Scan in front of face at -2/5
-Scan all the little platforms at -3/5

Mausoleum of Giants:
-Decipher the legend of the giants
-Do something with holy wall at 1/-1
Graveyard of the Giants:
-Get something from chest at 1/-3
-Break the wall at 2/-1
-Try to blow up sloped roof to the right of breakable wall at 2/-1
-Scan stele: 2/-1 (x2)
-Weight dais: 2/-1
-Open barrier: 2/-1
-Do something with fake spikes at -1/-2
-Scan giant head 2/-2
-Take path to another Field at 2/-2

Temple of the Sun:
-Solve all the puzzles
-Do something with the wall that goes "ping" at the upper left of 3/-3
-Do something with squiggles at 3/-3
--Bring the Woman Statue
Temple of Moonlight:
-Open chest at 0/-1
--Try the dais again
-Open chest at 1/2
-Do something with the reproductive system image at 1/2
--Go to sleep inside the woman
---Get into the chamber at the lower right of 1/3 and drop from there to 1/2
-Get the statue in the room at 2/2 to say or do something
--Go to it after getting the flute
Spring of the Sky:
-Get the statue in the room at 0/1 to say or do something
--Go to it after getting the flute
-Reach the two circular objects in 2/0
-Break wall at 1/-2
Tower of the Goddess:
-Enter door: 1/-1 (behind water)
-Talk to statue at 0/1 after getting flute
-Take path to other field at 1/5, 3/5
-Summon key fairy at 2/5

Inferno Cavern:
-Reach the two rooms at the top left of the map
Tower of Ruin:
-Get the medicine of life
-Figure out what weighting the dais at -4/1 did
--Check -3/-1
--Check Inferno Cavern
-Do something with the blue cross at -3/2
-Reach the fairies at -3/3
-Get to rest of Field from 0/3
--Try jumping through the roof
--Clear pillar
-Interact with background woman at 0/3

Chamber of Extinction:
-Weight dais: 6/0
-Summon Palenque probably at 6/0
--Get the golden key
Chamber of Birth
-Praise life so large earthen doll is born
--Dance to praise life at 6/-3
---Try the shield
--Get the golden key from the earthen doll
-Open chest: 3/-2, 5/-2
-Read stele: 2/-2, 5/-2
-Take door to other field: 5/-2
-Do something with large sephirot image at 5/-2
-Scan cracked wall: 1/0, 2/-2, 4/-2
-Break wall: 4/-2 (lowest)
-Check the space over the gap to the left of teleport landing point "j" at 2/-1
-Check the left side of the middle level of 1/-1
-Scan behind pot at 1/0
-Find the shop that sells a Jewel

Twin Labyrinths (Front):
-Solve block puzzle at 3/-2
--Find way to push leftmost block to the right
---Break pinging wall above block
-Defeat Baphomet at 3/-1
-Break pinging wall at 2/-3
Twin Labyrinths (Reverse)
-Look at the 24K map
-Go up to another Field from 0/0 (or come down from another Field into 0/0)
Endless Corridor:
-Reveal and climb the missing ladder at 1/-1
The Shrine of the Mother:
-Do something past falling pillar at 0/4
-Remove eye blocks: -2/1, -1/3, 0/4
-Open chest: -2/4, room reached from Twin Labyrinths
-Get Crystal Skull at -3/4
--Try the Lamp of Time
-Weight dais: -3/4
-Do something at the platform at -1/2
-Do something at the box platform at -3/0
-Defeat Beelzebub at -1/1
--Open the core of La Mulana
-Chant the correct Mantras to seal off each Guardian at their images (?)

Death Locks:
-Temple of the Sun 0/-4
-Shrine of the Mother -2/4

Fairy Locations:
-Confusion Gate -6/3
-Temple of Moonlight 0/-1
-Spring of the Sky 3/1
-Tower of the Goddess 2/5
-Chamber of Extinction 8/-3
-Endless Corridor 0/-2


ROMs:
-Athletic Land
-Cabbage Patch Kids
-Circus Charlie
-Comic Bakery
-Contra
-Diviner Sensation
-F1 Spirit
-F1 Spirit 3D Special
-Firebird
-Game Collection 1
-Game Collection 2
-Game Collection 3
-Game Collection 4
-Game Master
-Game Master 2
-Glyph Reader
-Gradius
-Hyper Olympic 2
-Hyper Olympic 3
-Hyper Rally
-Hyper Sports 1
-Hyper Sports 2
-Knightmare
-Konami Baseball
-Konami Boxing
-Konami Golf
-Konami Pinball
-Konami Ping-pong
-Konami Tennis
-Magical Tree
-Mahjong Dojo
-Mahjong Wizard
-Metal Gear
-Metal Gear 2
-Mopi Ranger
-Pennant Race
-Pennant Race 2
-Pippols
-PR3
-Q-bert
-Quarth
-Road Fighter
-Ruins RAM 8K
-Ruins RAM 16K
-Salamander
-Seal of El Giza
-Shin Synthesizer
-Sky Jaguar
-Space Manbow
-Super Cobra
-Unreleased ROM
-Video Hustler
-Yie Ar Kung Fu
-Yie Ar Kung Fu 2

Glyph Key:

Next Time:
Part 36: Machinery

Comments