Skip to main content

Let's Play La-Mulana, part 30: Twin Labyrinths



Here we are again. I start off today by heading to the celestial chamber in the Mausoleum. It's still a moonlit night, and I intend to leave it that way until I figure out which wall I'm supposed to be pushing.



Speaking of which, the clue talks about a moonlit night, which I thought might refer to this spot in the Endless Corridor. If you look at the map, there's a moon here in all the other levels (but no suitable walls that I could see on the others). It was a long shot, and it didn't come through. I head instead for the Temple of Moonlight - which, come to think of it, might be a good place to look for a wall to push on a moonlit night - to try to break into the lower part of the room in the last two screenshots here. The Throwing Knife doesn't give off any "ping" sounds, so it seems I can't break the floor. Back in Part 18 I spent quite a while on this screen making sure that the block that's now in the middle came to rest there and not on the lower level. Now I wonder if maybe that's got something to do with reaching the bottom chamber. I spend a while jumping around the room, whipping things, attempting to drop weights on invisible daises, scanning all over the shop, but find nothing, so I move on and back into The Maze.



In the previous update I picked up the Ring, which "Makes you more nimble-fingered." At the time I didn't know what that meant, but taking on this harpy I learned that I could throw four Shuriken at a time, or two Throwing Knives. I'm pretty sure the limits were three and one respectively before I got the ring. So I guess that's one mystery solved.



I get on this platform to try to investigate the merman in the background via my usual method of face-whipping, and to my surprise it carries me through a platform up to the next screen.



Clearing the screen of enemies gets me nothing, and the platform on the right disintegrates when I stand on it. I get a couple more weights from the pot, though.



I head left, to a screen with a Gate. I'll be having some trouble keeping track of which side of the Field I'm on this time (currently it's the reverse side). For now, though:



I find a trap at the top of the screen. I think you'd have to actively try to get hit by this, though.



I head left again. The stele at the bottom is blank, but the one on the left has a message for me. I'm really looking forward to getting the power to stop time, I'll tell you that. The pot at the upper right has some coins. I'm getting pretty close to finding out what happens when you max out the coin counter, actually. I hope it doesn't roll back around to zero.



Looks like I won't be finding out for a while, actually, as I enter this shop and pick up the Scripture:


User's Manual:
Scripture: Doubles the rate at which you gain EXP.
As the salesghost said, this thing decreases the time between VIT refills. Nice!



I drop down the hole and wind up in a spike pit, similar to but reversed from the one I fell in at the end of the previous update. I warp out and re-enter the Maze from the Mausoleum. That takes me to the front of the Field.



I head down a screen and go through the gate, which takes me to the right side of the reverse Field. When I was here in the last update I moved through without scanning the stele. This time I make an attempt, but it doesn't scan. That's because it was hiding a ROM which I have already, confirming that this is the same room after unlocking the field as it was before. Not that there was much doubt.



I head back through the Gate to the front, head back up to the entry screen, and from there right twice to reach the room with the dino-lovers.
Stele:
Interfere in the love of the ancient beasts, the two close beasts that face each other. And go to the top of the terrible mountains.
Broken Stele:
Bright light ... rrupts ... love of all ... mersed ... brillian ...
I take these two clues to indicate I need to use a flare here.



On the way down I scan the cracked pillar to score Game Collection 4, a compilation of Hyper Olympic 2, Konami's Golf, Konami's Soccer, Konami's Ping Pong, and Hyper Sports 3. I'm not big on sports games, to be honest, and I've already got two of those anyway. Alright, let's fire the flare:



Success! The dinosaurs change their facing and I get an exclamation mark (I've got the Metals Gear loaded). Another romance ruined by computer games! Now I just have to get to the top of the terrible mountains, presumably the volcanos I saw earlier.



I head right. There are a few things to be done on this screen - my plan is to try to break an opening to let me access the ladder, since I was able to do that in the equivalent room on the opposite face of the Field, but there's also that pot in front of the dinosaur. That wasn't there last time I came through here.



First though I need to take a hit from this witch's stun attack. It's pretty hard to dodge in these low-roofed corridors.



It takes quite a few hits, but I manage to break the wall here with the axe. It doesn't reveal access to the ladder, but instead the map. Nice!



It's not obvious what breaking this pot does, but the "you did a thing" sound plays and an exclamation mark pops up, so it did something. I have no idea what caused this pot to appear. Maybe it was using the flare on the other dinos? Maybe opening the wall in the reverse version of this screen? Iunno.



I head up and back down to claim the map, and with it the official name for this Field: Twin Labyrinths. My made-up name wasn't too far off! It looks like what I've been calling the front is the left half of the map and the reverse is the right. Even though they can be walked between, I'll still be talking about these as two areas - all the exits I've found on the left side go to front Fields, and all those on the right to reverses. Plus there are bats on the left and flying eyes on the right. Also if I made a single screenshot map for both it would be huge.



I head back up and go right. The clue on the upper stele is about gems. I've had a couple of clues before about souls, colours, gems, and weights. I'll try to put it all together when I find a puzzle where it seems relevant. At the bottom of the room is the altar.



I'm stuck! Lemeza can't climb out from here.



I can now use the Grail to warp back to the altar, for all the good it does me. I press 7 on the Item Window to warp here. I think I've got all the front side altars active now.



I warp out to the Temple of the Sun and re-enter the Labyrinths that way, which happily drops me one room to the left of the altar. From there I go left twice more to reach a room I haven't been in before. There's a dais, a broken stele, one of those blue stars, and a witch.



The witch lands a hit, but so do I.



The stele has one of the least obviously useful clues yet, and the dais gets me an exclamation. Scanning the rogue head at the bottom of the room gets me Comic Bakery, a 1984 food-em-up in which a baker struggles to keep his ovens running while fending off raccoons. When I return to the altar, I find two moving platforms have appeared, allowing me to get out again if I go down, and to reach the right side exit.



Before I leave the room I check the map. I'm just to the left of the centre, i.e. the edge of the front Field. Heading right gets me to a mirror image version of the same room, right down to the altar being there.



The altar even has the same text. I head right and reach the room with the path to the closed off bit of the Shrine of the Mother.



I go right, reading the broken stele for a blank message, and then go right again to a room I haven't reached before.



Killing the "soul" enemies in this room tips my EXP over the threshold, getting me a VIT refill. Thanks, Scripture! The clue is something I'd kind of picked up on already - I've found several ROMs by scanning about the place, the most recent one by scanning in the same location as this stele but on the front side.



The doorway leads to a clue about the Ankh. I'll have to think about it. Then I head back through already covered territory (the only new thing along the way was I scanned the stele in the third image here and found it to be blank - the Ankh Jewel in that shot is the fake) until I reach the terrible mountains. Something is different here...



The moving platform wasn't there before, and it allows access to the screen above. It runs almost to ground level in the screen below, so it can be ridden up from there, but I've cut about two minutes of me trying and failing to get up on it, mostly caused by taking hits from the enemies on this screen. Taking them out and then riding it up is preferable. I think this is the first time I've been able to jump up through a screen transition - I'm sure that doesn't work anywhere else. Or maybe I've missed a whole bunch of stuff.



Moving up in this room causes the exit to seal off and a giant bird (I think? - it doesn't look like it's got a beak) to appear. There's a Room Guard mentioned in the manual, Ba, described as having "the body of a hawk and a head of a human", but there's a clue coming up that makes me think it's not this one. I'm able to get in a few hits while it just stands there, but then:



It takes off in a flash and the screen turns white, with everything moving slowly. Maybe this is another example of the slowdown I've had with a couple of the bosses, but I think it's supposed to be this way. Or maybe not. Dunno.



I try out the Shuriken and the Spear, but both get me the "ping" sound of an ineffective hit.



It flies around for a while with me occasionally landing but more often taking hits, then comes to rest again on the centre platform.



I get in a couple of hits before it takes off again. I try to use Throwing Knives on it, but don't manage to connect with any before managing to finish it off with the whip, scoring enough EXP for another VIT refill and opening the paths down and to the left.



I head up the ladder (the room is full of enemies because I popped my head briefly into the room on the left before deciding to go up first), which takes me to the room with the holy block. I'm only in there for a few frames, though, because the ladder drops me directly onto a Gate and I'm transported to the front. While I'm there I step on the footswitch.



I head back through the Gate to find another footswitch has appeared. Before stepping on it though I try the left side of the room, where the floor disintegrates, dropping me back down to the room below. I hadn't thought about it, but there was no apparent way out of these paired chambers before that. There's no disintegrating floor on the other side of the gate, but I wonder if I could manually break the floor in the equivalent spot on the other side? I'll have to add it to my list.



I head back up, go through the Gate twice, and step on the footswitch. The holy block above disappears to reveal what looks like a sword. Neat!



I can't reach the top at the moment, so I head back down and take the left exit, where I meet a witch. If this room has any function other than being a corridor, I don't find it.



The next room has witches in each corner. Let's take 'em on:



It's not an elegant fight, but I get them before they get me. Check out that red one's attack!



The bird I just fought was all white, so I assume it's Zu of the white face, which would make this the hall of meditation. I try to meditate by standing in place for a while at the upper level, then sleeping there, but neither seems to do anything. There have been a couple of clues that seem to relate to this:
Stele:
Think in the room behind the Guardian's chamber.
Labyrinth Resident:
The Ankh is certainly in the front. Think well where that might be.
If this is the hall of meditation, I suspect the bits about thinking refer to here, meaning the Ankh and the Guardian would be in this room's equivalent on the front side of the Labyrinth. I'm not sure if I need to do some thinking here somehow, though. Perhaps I'll finally figure out what these blue stars are for. I guess I'll be facing another room guard in Peryton of the blue shadow on the way to the Ankh, too.



I head back out of the hall and to the volcano room, from where I go left twice to reach the room where I got the Scripture. Last time I was there I fell down the hole into a pit of spikes from which I could not escape (without warping). This time, I take care to jump into the hole instead, allowing me to steer Lemeza onto the platform on which he's landed in the last screenshot.



Scanning the broken stele nets me Konami Ping-Pong, a 1985 sports sim. It actually looks kind of cool, despite my general indifference to sports games, but I've already got it in Game Collection 4.



I clear the room of enemies and move on.



I'm not sure what the purpose of the high and low paths here is, aside from the low path I've taken requiring the expenditure of two weights (one on the previous screen) to get through.



This could be why there's two paths. If I hadn't made it back over that wall, I'd have been stuck behind it - the part of the next room that I can reach has a one-way door going the wrong way for me to get out. So the lower path is costlier, but safer.



I don't have a shot of the in-game map to demonstrate this more clearly, but this screen transition takes me from the reverse Field to the front one. The rooms are mirrored. I won't be able to take the low path this time, though, because the one-way door at the bottom goes the wrong way.



Being able to use two Throwing Knives at once has greatly increased that subweapon's utility.



The clue here makes me think of the hall of meditation, where there were witches in each corner of the room. Maybe I need to leave them alive long enough to assemble? Baphomet is listed in the manual ("a Guardian that protects the area near La Mulana's core"), but I'll save the full description/picture for when I actually meet it.



I said I wouldn't be taking the low path - incorrect.



Looks like this time it's the higher path that costs weights to traverse. I wonder if there's some benefit if you head through this floor taking one path or the other? Anyway, I make sure to kill all the harpies before attempting the jump over the pit here. If I fall in, I'll have to warp out.



I don't fall in, though, and taking out the enemies in the next room gets me another VIT refill. Those Scriptures are really paying off. The stele is blank, but whipping the wall where Lemeza is in the last shot gets me a "ping" sound. Two, in fact - one on the backswing and one on the swing itself. I try all my weapons, but can't break it. I think I failed to realise at the time that there were two breakable blocks, because I'll be back later this update to break one of them with a weapon that I have now.



Those harpies can put out a lot of fire, eh? I've already met Beelzebub, the King mentioned in the clue. There's a ladder to another Field in the lower left corner. Let's take a look:



It's the path to the previously missing ladder in the Inferno Cavern! I wonder if these ladders are appearing because I'm entering the Fields through them, or if unlocking the Labyrinths made them appear and I would have been able to get in through the Cavern after that even without having come down this ladder first? There's still a missing ladder in the Endless Corridor I could take a look at, but judging by the symbol next to it it leads to the Shrine of the Mother rather than the Labyrinths. Heading back up the ladder and then up again gets me back into previously visited territory. Last time I was here I scanned the crack in the wall for a ROM, but failed to scan the broken stele or to take the ladder upwards.



This time, I scan the crack in the wall for nothing, then check the map and set off for the sword I unlocked a while ago, without scanning the stele or trying out the ladder upwards. Usually I play the game with the LP open on my phone so I can check my maps and to-do list. This is what comes of neglecting to do that. I reach the sword, but on the wrong side of a one-way door.



As I approach from the other side, I stumble across the Ankh Jewel. This, I assume, is the payoff for breaking the mysterious pot that I found in the front side version of this room earlier this update (and which wasn't there last time).



I carry on and get the sword Katana:


User's Manual:
Katana: A Katana perfectly suited for "Iai-nuki" attacks.
I made an attempt to look up "Iai-nuki" and didn't really find anything that defined it clearly, mostly just a bunch of things about how inauthentic it is to real iaido. Apparently it's a part of showmanship rather than real martial arts. Uh-huh. Best as I can figure, it's an attack where the sword is drawn from the scabbard and used to cut in one motion at short notice. Sort of like this, I guess (warnings: spoilers for Kurosawa's Sanjuro, violence).



Here it is in action: a quick strike that hits low and forwards.



It's good for all the enemies in this area that are too low to hit with the whip (also here's another EXP overflow and VIT refill).



It seems to be about as powerful as the chain whip, which also takes three hits to kill a hsing-t'ien.



Using the katana here gets me the same "ping" I got from the other weapons. Disappointing.



I leave the Labyrinths briefly to try the katana on a couple of walls I've been hoping to break. No luck. Then I go back in to check if the reverse version of the room I was in before also has a pinging wall. The katana doesn't turn anything up, but the whip does. Let's try a flare:



It works, sort of. The "you stuffed up" sound plays and Lemeza takes a hit from a falling piece of masonry.



I can't jump up into the opened space, and flares don't do anything, so I head back to the front side version of the room.



This time I use a flare on the upper block and manage to break it.



I'm able to climb into the space left behind this time, but I still get a ping from all my weapons on the block to the left. I spend a while trying this, then wandering about the lowest level of the Labyrinth getting nowhere, before deciding to leave again to try the katana on the various pinging walls I know of, starting in the Graveyard of the Giants.



Success! What've I won?



A better shield!


User's Manual:
Silver Shield: Can block strong enemy shots.
Let's try it out:



It works! Although I'm pretty sure I could do this with the Buckler. Looking at my to-do list, there was speculation the Silver Shield might reflect attacks. Doesn't seem to, sadly.



I head for the other "ping" producing rock in this Field. Along the way, this happens. It's not important or anything, just an example of how infuriating the flying eyes can be. This one waited until just the right moment to stop me getting back on that platform.



I get to the wall in question eventually, and the katana doesn't work on it. It does work, however, on this wall in the Temple of Moonlight, revealing a stele with a clue that might have been useful back in January. I already have the Book of the Dead and I've nullified the light from the god of death.



The path is also cleared to push this block under the dais, allowing me to weight it and get rid of the last few bricks, opening the path to the Reverse Spring of the Sky. Kind of an anti-climactic reward for how long it took me to clear this room. Killing the shield guys gets me yet another EXP overflow and VIT top up.



I head into the Reverse Spring, but nothing seems to have changed, so I warp to the regular Spring and try the katana on the ping wall there. Doesn't work.



So I warp back to the Village, save, and quit. Whew! I missed a couple of "ping" walls, in the Tower of Ruin and the Shrine of the Mother, but that's what comes of playing without the to-do list to hand. I also missed a few rooms in the front side of the Twin Labyrinths that I'll probably aim for next time.


Maps:

Twin Labyrinths (Front):



Twin Labyrinths (Reverse):




Clues:

Village:
"Have you found all the ROMS? Something good will happen if you do."

"The traps and tricks in the ruins are said to have been set by the Four Sages. They wait for you to come."

"The twin ruins are two and yet one. They look a lot alike but are really different. You'll have to figure out the difference."
Guidance Gate:
"Eight souls rest in this land. The souls are those of the Guardians that protect these lands."

"The sad tale of the giants. Their history is recorded therein."

"In the temple of the Sun, a new trap fills a hole and conceals a trigger."

""Twin Guards" "Silent and alone" "Deliver a stone on high""



Confusion Gate:
"Ye who has life. There is still time. Turn back. The confusion continues."

"11 children guard Tiamat's chamber. The Grail is powerless therein."

"You have done well in making it this far, wise one. Break through the final confusion."

"This is the Confusion Gate. The path will open to the wise."

"Is the one reading this tablet wise or a fool? I pray it is one that has wisdom."

Mausoleum of Giants:
"So these ruins are those from a race of giants... I was just about to decipher their legend too..."

"We are the second race born of the Great Mother. We were born to return her to the skies. This is the sad story of our race. Nine brothers led our race: Zeb, Bud, Migera, Led, Fut, Abt, Zi, Riv, and Sakit."

"In order to hold up the Earth, Zeb stopped moving, and the remaining brothers split into two factions and fought amongst themselves."

"Abt, Zi, Riv, and Sakit wanted the Mother to remain here on Earth."



"The eldest, Zeb, could not move, as he had to hold up the Earth."

"We could not grant the Great Mother's wish. I am the only one to remain, and here I go to my long, final rest. Abt"

"Zi started praying to the Earth on a moonlight night."

"On a day when the sun was bright, Led fell in battle. A large hole torn in his chest, he went into his long, final rest."

"Bud went into a long, final rest on a night when the sky was full of stars."

"To launch the tower, water was indispensable. Migera carried a lake to this land and expired in the effort."

"Grieving for his elder brothers, Riv dug a tunnel from the lake to the tower to bring water to it. He collapsed in the effort and went into a long rest."

"The youngest, Sakit, followed his own path. He locked Led's body, left power in his hand, and went into a long rest."

"1 Sword, 2 Bodies, 3 Wishes, 4 Disasters. 5 Stars, 6 Moons, 7 Lights, 8 Paths. 9 Cups, and 0 which is Life."
Graveyard of the Giants:
"Only thy own strength can get thee through this frozen land."

"Art thou the chosen one or not? Proceed ahead. We wait for thee beyond."

"The rogue that releases many lights. He who does not hold the silver shine is doomed."

Temple of the Sun:
"Challenge the cavern of the inferno. It will be a long road. He who follows it should be prepared to die."

"If there is a man, there is also a woman. You must not use weapons inside the woman. If you wish to solve the riddle of the temple, proceed into the next room."

"Summon the power of the twins. The twins are two and yet one. The twins are very much alike."

"Sahete's understanding/clarity
was born from The Mother"

Temple of Moonlight:
"This is the Temple of Moonlight. The lovely, female temple."

"Changing water to power, the Tower flies up into the sky."

"The sound of the flute is given to the pregnant woman."

Spring of the Sky:
"The water that operates the tower. It flows here and is converted to energy."

Inferno Cavern:
"Strange, these ruins are strange. This shouldn't be a dead end..."

"Discover where the truth of this land lies."

"This is the Inferno Cavern. A place that was once a source of power."

"If you can't find something important where it should be, check the back."

"What is here is not everything. This is the critical location. Take another path and return to this land again."

Tower of Ruin:
"The kind, mischievous fairy. The kind, lonely fairy. Her mischief is innocent. Innocent mischief will do thee no harm."

"The large earthen doll, It carries the flying golden key."

"The flying iron bird. Distressed at its travel, the goddesses depart."

"That which moves too fast to see. Even stopping time cannot stop its movement."

"The people who created Nu Wa, those who imitate the power of the Great Mother. The power to create life. The power to create us. That wish goes unfulfilled."

"The left eye sees Kindness."

Chamber of Extinction:
"If thou cannot go left, go right."

"A joyful soul is milky hued, an eloquent soul is black, an honest soul is purple, a happy soul is green, a pure soul is white, a passionate soul is red, and a kind soul is blue. Souls have colors."

"The Guardians lurk in the front. Places without them are the rear. This is the law of the ruins. Only the Infinite Corridor is an exception."

"Spriggan, the giant statue. Show hostility and he will awaken. Fight him more and he will return to sleep."

Twin Labyrinths (Front):
"This is the Twin Labyrinths. A place where twin souls reside."

"Release the twins."

"Think in the room behind the Guardian's chamber."

"Cast a spell on the spirits that have the elixir. The Elixir gives shape to souls."

"The word of the black Onyx is "Eloquence." The word of the purple Amethyst is "Honesty." Gems have words attributed to them. Gather these words from the spider's web that connects the whole world."

"The witches assemble, and Baphomet is summoned."

"The King of Hell, Beelzebub. He guards the eight souls in front of the Mother."



Twin Labyrinths (Reverse)
"The priests lived in the ruins and guarded them. As they started to die, four of them turned themselves into stone, gained eternal life, and became Sages."

"Interfere in the love of the ancient beasts, the two close beasts that face each other. And go to the top of the terrible mountains."

"The power to stop time. Time flows only for thee. That which travels too fast to be seen will also become visible."

"This was once a prosperous place. Many secret treasures are hidden within."

"The Ankh is certainly in the front. Think well where that might be."



The Shrine of the Mother:
"Proceed from the correct path."

"Endlessness and dimensions. With her great power, Tiamat bent the laws of both."

"A land guarded by 8 souls."

"The Sages will only show the path to the chosen one. At its end lies a great soul."

"We were born of this earth. We were the seventh to be born. And we forgot our Mother..."

"Through a ceremony passed down through the ages, the four Sages attained undying bodies."


To-Do:

Anywhere:
-Find Shorn Kosugi
-Find the Four Sages and talk to them
--Get the flute
-Clear each screen of enemies at least once
-Complete the software use and software combinations lists in the manual
-Figure out what the key fairy does
-Get all the ROMs
--Have something good happen
-Push the wall on a moonlit night
Village:
-Go through invisible door at 4/1
--Defeat Inferno Cavern Guardian
-Return to hidden door at 4/2 with all the ROMs
Guidance Gate:
-Get the Jewel in the star at 0/-4
-Do something with the angels at 1/-3
Confusion Gate:
-Open chest -4/1 (x3)
-Enter door -4/1 (upside down)
-Get past barrier at -5/3
-Push block to obstruct light at -5/3
-Summon Key Fairy at -6/3 and look for something to unlock
-Reach the left side of Shu's blood shower head at -3/2
Mausoleum of Giants:
-Decipher the legend of the giants
-Do something at the upper left of 2/-2
--Try again with the Grapple Claw to reach it
-Do something with holy wall at 1/-1
Graveyard of the Giants:
-Get something from chest at 1/-3
-Break the wall at 2/-1
-Scan stele: 2/-1 (x2)
-Weight dais: 2/-1
-Open barrier: 2/-1
-Do something with holy block at -1/1
--Try to reflect enemies' attacks with Silver Shield
--Get into shaft at right of -1/1 from -1/2 somehow
---Break floor in -1/2
-Do something with fake spikes at -1/-2

Temple of the Sun:
-Scan steles: 1/-2 (several)
--Do something at gap in top row of steles at 1/-2
-Solve all the puzzles
-Do something with the wall that goes "ping" at the upper left of 3/-3
-Do something with the statue at 4/-2
-Do something with squiggles at 3/-3
--Bring the Woman Statue
Temple of Moonlight:
-Weight daises: -1/0
-Break all the bricks in -1/0
-Head through door at -1/0 to other Field
-Open chest at 0/-1
--Try the dais again
-Open chest at 1/2
-Do something with the reproductive system image at 1/2
--Go to sleep inside the woman
---Get into the chamber at the lower right of 1/3 and drop from there to 1/2
----Try the throwing knife
-Get the statue in the room at 2/2 to say or do something
--Go to it after getting the flute

Spring of the Sky:
-Get the statue in the room at 0/1 to say or do something
--Go to it after getting the flute
-Reach the two circular objects in 2/0
-Break wall at 1/-2
Reverse Spring
-Reach the stage outside the small corridor at 0/0
-Kill all enemies at 0/0
-Scan space where brick block was at 0/0
-Attempt to enter potential hidden door where brick block was at 0/0
-Read stele: 0/0
Inferno Cavern:
-Unlock and take the path to another Field at -2/1
-Reach the two rooms at the top left of the map
-Defeat the Viy at -3/-4

Tower of Ruin:
-Find hidden doorway in -4/2
--Break upper middle wall
-Defeat the invisible enemy (probably at -4/1)
--Get the medicine of life
-Stop time in -4/1
-Do something with the blue cross at -3/2
-Reach the fairies at -3/3
Chamber of Extinction:
-Reach the rooms at the upper right of the map
Twin Labyrinths (Front):
-Figure out the layout
-Step on footswitch: 1/0
-Scan stele: 1/-2, 3/-2, 3/-3
-Scan cracked pillar at 2/0
-Unblock ladder at 3/0
--Try breaking wall
-Interfere in the love of the dinosaurs at 2/0
--Try a flare between them
-Reach door at 3/-2
-Solve block puzzle at 3/-2
--Find way to push leftmost block to the right
-Find the Ankh
--Look at 3/-1
-Try to break floor in lower part of 1/0
-Break pinging wall at 1/-3

Twin Labyrinths (Reverse)
-Go to the top of the terrible mountains at -1/-2 (after interfering in love of ancient beasts?)
-Read stele: -2/1, 0/0, 0/-1
-Go through Gate at 0/-1
-Open holy block at -1/0
-Meditate in the hall of meditation (-3/-1)
-Check the area in the trap at -4/-3 for breakable walls

Endless Corridor:
-Reveal and climb the missing ladder at 1/-1
The Shrine of the Mother:
-Get past falling pillar at 0/4
--Try stopping time when able
-Remove eye blocks: -2/1, -1/3, 0/4
-Open chest: -2/4, room reached from Maze
-Get Crystal Skull at -3/4
-Weight dais: -3/4
-Do something at the platform at -1/2
-Do something at the box platform at -3/0
-Defeat Beelzebub at -1/1
--Open the core of La Mulana

Death Locks:
-Temple of the Sun 0/-4
-Shrine of the Mother -2/4

Fairy Locations:
-Confusion Gate -6/3
-Temple of Moonlight 0/-1
-Spring of the Sky 3/1
-Chamber of Extinction 8/-3
-Endless Corridor 0/-2


ROMs:
-Athletic Land
-Circus Charlie
-Comic Bakery
-Contra
-Diviner Sensation
-F1 Spirit
-F1 Spirit 3D Special
-Firebird
-Game Collection 1
-Game Collection 2
-Game Collection 3
-Game Collection 4
-Game Master
-Game Master 2
-Glyph Reader
-Hyper Olympic 2
-Hyper Olympic 3
-Hyper Rally
-Hyper Sports 1
-Konami Baseball
-Konami Boxing
-Konami Golf
-Konami Pinball
-Konami Ping-pong
-Konami Tennis
-Magical Tree
-Mahjong Dojo
-Mahjong Wizard
-Metal Gear
-Metal Gear 2
-Pennant Race
-Pennant Race 2
-PR3
-Q-bert
-Quarth
-Road Fighter
-Ruins RAM 8K
-Salamander
-Seal of El Giza
-Shin Synthesizer
-Sky Jaguar
-Super Cobra
-Video Hustler
-Yie Ar Kung Fu
-Yie Ar Kung Fu 2

Glyph Key:

Next Time:
Part 31: The Lamp of Time

Comments