Skip to main content

Let's Play My Hero, part 2



Here’s round 2. You’ll notice that I got a free life after completing round one. Having had to start over way more times than I’ve shown though, I decided to get dastardly at this point. I saved state at the start of round two, and eventually a few later places to get through the game. I’ve reached round two the honest way, but I’ve never completed it.



Round two starts off much the same as round one. Then this happens:



STEVE is killed by a PIG.



Twice.



Turns out that PIGS are invincible. That one walked straight through my trip, and the bottle I sent towards it, and killed me dead. So I jumped it. Then this happened:



That’s just ridiculous.



I teach the second one of these guys a lesson. That’s no way to treat an animal! Even if it is an invincible murder PIG.



On the outskirts of town I meet a KNIFE THROWER ENEMY WITH STEEL BALL. He’s a jerk.



Beyond him are some moving FLAMEs. They’re pretty easy to bypass.



This jerk throws STEEL BALLs diagonally down at you. I got him, but then:



Another one spawns right behind him when you walk there. Jerk!



Not only is this a strange enemy design, I’m pretty sure I’ve never gotten far enough to see FROGs before. So if you can get to this point in the game, congratulations, you’re a better hero than I am.





Like the pigs, the frogs can’t be killed by my awesome trip move. According to the manual they can be defeated though. Probably the people who wrote the manual never got this far either, and so had to guess whether they could be beaten.



A short stroll past some HOODLUMs leads me to the beach, where once again STEVE faces MOHIKAN. STEVE has learned from his previous encounter, however, and is totally kicking arse!



Looks like MOHIKAN managed to get a hit in. Damn.



God damn it, STEVE! Surely you saw that coming!



So in RD. 3 HOODLUMs start falling from the sky. Maybe these are the guys I kicked into orbit in the earlier levels. It doesn’t really make much difference; they’re still pretty easily taken care of. The threat with HOODLUMs is that they move faster than you and usually come at you three at a time, from both sides. My usual tactic is to wait until they’ve closed in, flying kick the one in front of me, then turn around in mid-air, hitting the one behind me while still ascending, pass over the one behind him and then turn around and hit him on the way down. If you time it wrong you’ll get hit, but STEVE’s a tough guy like that.



The KNIFE THROWER ENEMY WITH STEEL BALLs in this level throw them in a bouncing arc at you. It’s actually easy to dodge as long as you’re not jumping around kicking HOODLUMs.



I still manage to get hit, though.



Outside of town the FROGs show up again. Then, a stunning twist!



RECKLESS RADIO-CONTROLLED CAR! The arrow thing on the right is the CAR’s projectile.



I die at this exact point like eight times in a row.



Then I die here.



I don’t know where these FALLING ROCKs are falling from, unless that beautiful green sky is actually the grassed slope of a mountain at the back of town.



On the plus side, the CAR leaves.



After the rocks there’s not much stopping you from reaching the boss.



STEVE! Come on! Geez.



This looks familiar. It’s level one! You can’t tell from the shots, but I think things are a little bit faster.



Anyway, I get killed yet again, by this jerk. According to GameFAQs, the game just loops from here. So there you have it. My Hero!

TL,DR:

Comments